Movement like in Heroes III [GameMaker Studio]
A downloadable asset pack for Windows
In this example I'm showing how to use mp_grid in GameMaker:Studio, create a path from it, display this path as points, and move on click, like for example in Heroes III game. Fully commented code.
In version 2.5.0:
- you can choose between creating movement path on click, or on every mouse movement
- all code with enabling/disabling features is moved to demo object, so importing non-demo named objects will give you working game without ability to change things in runtime like in this demo
- when changing smooth path to true/false, a path is drawn for a second like with debugging turned on, to see difference
In version 2.2.0:
- you can switch between smooth animating of player movement, or aligning to grid
In version 2.0.0:
- better graphics
- you can change that path should be diagonal or straight
- you chan change that path is smooth or not
- you can limit number of moves
- you can set limit of number of moves between 3 and 10
- you can display debug path
- you can do all above when running game without changing any line of code!
- when you arrive to city, it name will display
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.00 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.