Movement like in Heroes III [GameMaker Studio]
A downloadable asset pack for Windows
In this example I'm showing how to use mp_grid in GameMaker:Studio/GameMaker Studio 2, create a path from it, display this path as points, and move on click, like for example in Heroes III game. Fully commented code.
In version 2.6.0:
- fixed a bug, when enabled limit of moves per turn, that first step wasn't substracted
- extended that on end of turn you need to click message to refill movements limit (limit_autoreload = true will work as in 2.5.0)
- displaying percentage bar of movements left if limit per turn is enabled
- first release for GameMaker Studio 2.x
In version 2.5.0:
- you can choose between creating movement path on click, or on every mouse movement
- all code with enabling/disabling features is moved to demo object, so importing non-demo named objects will give you working game without ability to change things in runtime like in this demo
- when changing smooth path to true/false, a path is drawn for a second like with debugging turned on, to see difference
In version 2.2.0:
- you can switch between smooth animating of player movement, or aligning to grid
In version 2.0.0:
- better graphics
- you can change that path should be diagonal or straight
- you chan change that path is smooth or not
- you can limit number of moves
- you can set limit of number of moves between 3 and 10
- you can display debug path
- you can do all above when running game without changing any line of code!
- when you arrive to city, it name will display
CLICK TO SEE DEMO (Updated to github since Dropbox removed HTML support).
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.00 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- 2.6.1 Update 87 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.